Give Or I Will Take

There are a few unwritten rule based on underlying philosophies that we assume governs the Universe or more aptly our world. In effect majority of we people abide by these including many who does not believe but still practice. As a result we co-exist in this world happily or worriedly. One such governing factor is based on the principle of “Give and Take”. You give something and you take something else in return, a barter arrangement, be it for goodies or for favors.
But that probably is only true for person to person dealing. Sooner or later you will realize as I did is that the interpretation of “Give & Take” for a company is you give and the company takes.  I have never met an organization who believes otherwise. Please give me the address and details if you happen to know one!
Often one ends up having to do more than one project at a time. While they never forget to bill the clients separately, they never remember to pay you anything extra.
So how do you get it back? Here are some of unforgettable theories put forward by my friends over the years.
Who should absorb the time lost in the traffic? Should I spent this time out my personal time or it gets adjusted to the total office hours or could this be split 50 – 50. I leave home on time in the morning and leave office on time in the evening. I do not grumble if I reach home late in the evening and neither does the office complain in the mornings!
One of my college mates always wanted to leave the office early on a day he was late in arriving. His explanation was “I do not want to be late twice on the same day.”
An Italian designer friend once said “why do I have to do things today that I can do tomorrow.”
A Egyptian friend always used to say “ I still have time.”

Comments

  1. Nice to see you back again, it has been a while.;) Great post with a bit of humour, I believe the give and take can also be applied to life in general.;) Happiness is a game of give and take.;)
    Missed your writing.;) Thank you for your recent visits and great comments.;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Maa Tripureswari

A Time pass post

Who Kills Our Creativity?